Vandenberg Air Force Base Commissary Supervisor
Full-time, 5 workdays, schedules vary but some weekends and holidays will be required. Hours are usually 6:30pm - 3:00am. Starting rate of $16.15/hour
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
In coordination with VAFB Commissary Project Manager, ensures compliance with Department of Labor (DOL) regulations and ensures nightly custodial and stocking duties are completed according to contract specifications. Provides job skill training to adults with qualifying disabilities.
- Supervises workers/trainees engaged in shelf stocking, custodial and warehousing.
- Conducts initial and on-going training to ensure compliance with contract specifications.
- Conducts initial and on-going safety training equipment use and work to be completed.
- Coordinates scheduled workers/trainees to ensure assigned work is completed to contract specifications.
- Utilizes positive reinforcement as primary training tool.
- Participates in establishing trainee goals. Attends annual PCP meetings.
- Completes documentation as required
- Verifies worker/trainees time sheets, tracks daily attendance and completes daily reports.
- Provides required monthly documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide required daily and monthly documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
- Properly utilizes equipment and supplies
- Properly utilizes established quality control plan
- Safely operates a variety of power and manual equipment.
- Complies with established preventative maintenance program for all equipment.
- Maintains inventory control to reduce waste and misuse of supplies.
- Conducts and submits monthly inventory documentation.
- Conducts pre-inspections; instructs worker to correct any deficiencies.
- Conducts inspections with commissary Quality Assurance Evaluators (QAEs).
- Documents any discrepancies and makes recommendations for improvement.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. Minimum one year Experience in supervisory capacity. Prefer experience in custodial, commissary, grocery or related environment.
Communication Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents or governmental regulations in English. Ability to write simple correspondence in English. Ability to remember oral or written instructions provided by others. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to trainees and other workers.
Interpersonal Skills: Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with trainees, coworkers and management. Interact diplomatically with the public. Foster a stimulating, accepting learning environment.
Self-Management Skills: Perform effectively in environments with frequent workload changes and competing demands. Set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out basic written or oral instructions. Ability to think through the consequences of a decision prior to making it. Ability to recognize an emergency situation and take appropriate action.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Officer applications to include Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must be able to meet and maintain requirements to obtain entrance onto Vandenberg Air Force Base. Maintain First Aid, CPR and CPI Certifications. Must have a valid driver’s license with an insurable record.
Other Skills and Abilities: Must meet and maintain Community Care Licensing criminal history criteria. Experience working with persons with disabilities is highly desirable but not required.
VTC Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.