Vandenberg Air Force Base Commissary Worker
Full-time, 5 workdays, schedules vary but some weekends and holidays will be required. Hours are usually 6:30pm - 3:00am. Rate of pay dependent on duties assigned. Stocking duties: $12.42; Custodial duties: $13.31
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Commissary PM and/or Commissary Supervisor, the VAFB Commissary Worker is responsible for custodial and stocking duties at Vandenberg AFB Commissary according to contract specifications.
Perform Custodial duties according to contract specifications:
- Clean offices and restrooms
- Perform periodic cleaning including walls; doors; and glass, metal and wood fixtures.
- Perform high and low cleaning.
- Perform scrubbing, stripping, waxing, and polishing of floors.
- Clean meat room according to contract specifications.
Perform Shelf Stocking duties according to contract specifications:
- Download and stock merchandise.
- Dust, rotate, and stock inventory.
Perform Material Handler duties according to contract specifications:
- Sort and separate cases in receiving area for checking. Label as required.
- Move merchandise from receiving area to proper storage or staging area. Rotate as required.
- Pull damaged merchandise or hazardous food recalls from warehouse storage area.
Safely utilize equipment commonly used for warehousing, shelf stocking and custodial tasks.
Comply with safety procedures and safety equipment requirements.
Education and/or Experience: None. Experience in custodial maintenance, shelf stocking, or warehousing is required.
Communication Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Must be able to read and sort labels and numbers.
Interpersonal Skills: Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with coworkers and management.
Self-Management Skills: Perform effectively in environments with frequent workload changes and competing demands. Set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out basic written or oral instructions. Ability to think through the consequences of a decision prior to making it. Ability to recognize an emergency situation and take appropriate action.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Much be able to meet and maintain requirements to obtain entrance onto Vandenberg Air Force Base.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to work independently. Must be able to safely and effectively operate various commissary equipment. Must be willing and able to work at least 6-8 hour late night shifts including some weekends and holidays.
VTC Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.