Instructor I - IWS
Full-Time M-F 7:45am - 3:00pm
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provides direct support/care to clients with developmental disabilities in order to meet their specific life goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. To perform this job successfully, a person must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable clients with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides daily trainings as per schedule, curriculum, and objectives to current case load.
- Provide personal care as needed.
- Track and evaluate goals for each client in consultation with the interdisciplinary team (IDT).
- Assist in the preparation of and attend IDT meetings and/or PCP meetings.
- Complete paperwork to include PCP preparation; daily/weekly data and log notes on progress; monthly progress notes and semi-annual review.
- Utilize behavior management techniques including prevention, intervention, and self-protection.
- Assist Clients in the selection of community integration activities.
- Create weekly schedule for Clients in assigned group.
- Facilitate weekly self-advocacy meetings with assigned group.
- Assist in program development by recommending modifications to the Program Manager or designee.
- Review communication books daily and write in the communication books as needed.
- For paid work groups:
- Provide prompting necessary for job completion at levels that are satisfactory to employer/contractor.
- Complete tasks on the contract when the Client is unable to complete.
- Complete job site task analysis for use in industrial standards.
- Complete and maintain time keeping records for assigned group.
QUALIFICATIONS include the following. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for this position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. No experience in the field required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence in English. Ability to remember oral or written instructions provided by others. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to Clients and fellow employees.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with coworkers and management. Interact diplomatically with the public. Foster a stimulating, accepting learning environment.
SELF-MANAGEMENT SKILLS: Perform effectively in environments with frequent workload changes and competing demands. Set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out basic written or oral instructions. Ability to think through the consequences of a decision prior to making it. Ability to recognize an emergency situation and take appropriate action.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Maintain First Aid, CPR and CPI Certifications. Must have a valid driver’s license with an insurable record. Must have an insured vehicle available for use during the course of employment.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Must meet and maintain Community Care Licensing criminal history criteria.
VTC Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.